Registered in 2005 as a not for profit association, the Vegetarian Association of Ghana is a member of the International Vegetarian Union (IVU) which is a growing global network of independent organizations with the aim of promoting vegetarianism worldwide.
The Association has been at the forefront of educating Ghanaians about the healthy alternative of a lifestyle based on a vegetarian diet.
The organisation is made up of members from all walks of life and members belong to a wide range of religious, non-religious & spiritual orientation. Personal beliefs are not a prerequisite to becoming a member of VegGhana, health living is the common denominator binding members. We welcome vegans, vegetarians and anyone living or transiting to a healthy lifestyle.
Several people from all walks of life support the efforts of the Association especially during the Annual VegFest now held every Farmers day 1st December by setting up exhibition stands to educate the public on their varied agendas and also sell healthy food goods & services to attendees.
VegGhana is at the fore front of propagating the benefits of Vegan, Vegetarianism and healthy lifestyles .
Some of the benefits of adopting a Vegetarian lifestyle include the following:
- IMPROVES THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- STRONGER & HEALTHIER BONES
- MORE EFFICIENT FUNCTIONING ORGANS
- BETTER BLOOD CIRCULATION
- HEALTHIER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
- ENHANCES SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT
- SHARPENS MEMORY
- REDUCES SICKNESS AND HIGH COST OF MEDICAL CARE
- MAY REDUCE INCIDENCE OF DIABETES
- REDUCES RISK OF CATARACT DEVELOPMENT
- REDUCES RISK OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE
- VEGETARIANS USUALLY HAVE LOW CHOLESTEROL
- LESS RISK OF STROKE AND OBESITY
- IT CAN SATISFY ALL YOUR NUTRITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- MORE SUSTAINABLE DIET AND NUTRITION FOR THE PLANET